Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Join

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to load pix611.bin on my 520. It has 192MB of memory and the upgraded Flash card. It times out everytime. I did not have any trouble loading 5.x versions. Does anyone have any idea?

mike by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Before you even start in on me, I know the PIX can be used as the VPN device but I prefer the management options for the Concentrator. My question is, how hard would it be to have a 3005 with a public IP address sit BEHIND a PIX 506 as opposed to p...

I have a PIX515, with three interfaces: outside, DMZ, and inside. Their is a current configuration in place with the exception of the DMZ, will install shortly. A new webserver will sit on the DMZ with nat to the server. Do I setup the DMZ interfa...

rai by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a Cisco Pix Firewall ( 2.7 we think ) that is limited to 256 connections from the inside to the outside. We have occasionally seen it run out of connections. For a moment or two you just can't get out to your favorite web site. In the last fe...

lsimpson by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am curious to find out how other users are managing their PIXs for your PIX to PIX VPN tunnels to remote sites. What are you using to access the remote PIX if the VPN tunnel is down? We're trying to find a secure solution. Any suggestions would be ...

harton by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are using the IDS capabilities built into the pix. I know this is a limited set of signatures but my question is: Is there a way to enable only the 4000xx syslog messages on the PIX so the syslog server only receives those messages without gettin...

m-raft by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone had success installing one Exchange Server on a Pix DMZ? Cisco has examples of installing two exchange boxes through a Pix, one inside, one outside but is it possible to install one exchange box on the inside? This would save on cost of d...

r.hoover by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

by sniffing network traffic i realized that my PIX firewall 515-(software version 6.0(1) ) sends TCP Reset packets to the connection requests that are denied by the access-lists. Does anyone know how to change this feature? I want the firewall to dr...

bemre by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've seen several references to the use of MS IAS as a RADIUS server for PIX VPN authentication. I think this would be a good solution for us, but I'm wondering if anyone has followed Cisco's instructions and could relate their experience with instal...

Hi,my network has a default gateway, the inside interface of a pixfirewall.There is a workaround to permit the pix to route traffic, incoming in its inside interface, vs a destination outbound the same interface???e.g: the pakets come into inside...