Network Security

Engage with peers and experts on network security topics such as FTD, FMC, FDM, CDO and ASA.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Labels

Forum Posts

I have an asa5505 Ver 7.2(4)that I am trying to get a SSH connection with SecureCRT but I keep getting Password Authentication failed. This is what I have entered.ssh 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 insidessh version 2username Name password Passwordcrypto ke...

servnj by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI tried to update the firepower module of a cisco 5506 firewall but the installation of the moduleit is failed,  The final result is always  Unresponsive ciscoasa(config)# show  module Mod  Card Type                                    Model     ...

skorseny1 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, im looking at installing a different FMC at a backup data centre.  Can you install a second FMC (ESXi) and link the two so one is always the primary and secondary only kicks in if primary goes down? This is like Checkpoint basically ... thanks 

Hi,did not find any information in syslog related to the crash or reboot .  Do we need really need to update the logging level , for example  101001 (%ASA-1-101001: (Primary) Failover cable OK.)is set to alerts . Is there any benefit of changing logg...

elite2010 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I have a vendor that needs to ftp files to our Linux server using sftp, so I decided to change the default port 22 that ssh uses to a higher number for security reasons (too many brute force attempts), it works internally but somehow I can'...

Carlomd by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Allusing Cisco FirePower and created a rule to allow web traffic on 80 and 443, can see traffic hitting this rule in the logs this is fine. But, we are using "Inherit from base policy (Balanced Security....) so lets say we visit a URL on port 678 ...

systemtek by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Malware and File Policy with the following criteria:Application Protocol : AnyDirection of Transfer : DownloadAction : Block Malware (Dynamic Analysis, Local Malware Analysis, Reset Connection)Store Files : UnknownSelected File Categories an...

I have a device with the below specs. Currently its running "asa917-4-smp-k8.bin"I am planning on upgrading this to "asa992-9-smp-k8.bin". Hardware: ASA5525, 8192 MB RAM, CPU Lynnfield 2394 MHz, 1 CPU (4 cores)ASA: 4096 MB RAM, 1 CPU (1 core)Internal...

Current Sec Active ASA show activation-keySerial Number:  JMX1422L135Running Activation Key: 0xe702e159 0x00279cbc 0x10807924 0xb9d4ccc0 0xcc2a3182Licensed features for this platform:Maximum Physical Interfaces    : UnlimitedMaximum VLANs            ...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes