Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot locate the log files for failed readiness check Cisco 4110 FTD

rhodrijenkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

Whilst preparing for a 4110 FTD upgrade via FMC, the readiness check fails.
The log files should be located here:
Status Log:Readiness Check To x.x.x.x Failure Logs@ /ngfw/var/log/sf/Cisco_FTD_SSP_Patch-6.2.3.18/upgrade_readiness

The ngfw directory doesn't exist on the FMC. If these are on the 4110, how do I browse the file structure on the appliance?

Thanks for your help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

go to expert mode  (its like Linux and read the file as mentioned)

/ngfw/var/log/sf/Cisco_FTD_SSP_Patch-6.2.3.18/upgrade_readiness

you can use tail or cat commands

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

The upgrade readiness check is run on the FTD, even though you initiate it from the FMC.  You need to go into expert mode on the FTD (type expert at the > prompt) and now you are in the Linux shell and can browse using standard Linux commands.  All logs for upgrades are found in the path /ngfw/var/log/sf/ so you should be able to find the logs you are looking for there.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

go to expert mode  (its like Linux and read the file as mentioned)

/ngfw/var/log/sf/Cisco_FTD_SSP_Patch-6.2.3.18/upgrade_readiness

you can use tail or cat commands

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The upgrade readiness check is run on the FTD, even though you initiate it from the FMC.  You need to go into expert mode on the FTD (type expert at the > prompt) and now you are in the Linux shell and can browse using standard Linux commands.  All logs for upgrades are found in the path /ngfw/var/log/sf/ so you should be able to find the logs you are looking for there.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

rhodrijenkins
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the advice. If anyone struggles with the 4110 CLI, this is what I've discovered at least on the device in question...

via the console I get a cli <hostname>#. From there I can access the fxos cli by typing connect fxos: <hostname>#(fxos)

If I ssh, I get the module cli: firepower-module1>. I can also access the module cli from the console cli like this: <hostname>#connect module 1 console.

From firepower-module1>, I can access the ftd cli by typing connect ftd, then I get the > prompt. From here I could access expert mode and get the linux shell. To quit expert mode, I used exit to get back to the ftd CLI (>)

To quit the ftd cli... >exit, then I was back at  Firepower-module1>

To exit back to the original console shell, I used ~, then had a prompt telnet>. from here I used quit to get back to <hostname>#

I hope you're suitably confused!

From the

Confused is putting it lightly.  It would be really nice if there was a way to view these log files from within the FMC, or at the very least be able to download a log file from FMC.  Updates can wait for now I guess.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card