Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Firepower 4120 with ASA code rebooting randomly

Ismael10
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

this is the 5th time that our ASA Firepower has restarted without any user intervention. It is in a critical location in our datacenter. Could you help me please?

Following the software and hardware specs :

Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Software Version 9.8(1)
Firepower Extensible Operating System Version 2.2(2.53)
Device Manager Version 7.8(1)

Compiled on Wed 10-May-17 16:01 PDT by builders
System image file is "disk0:/fxos-lfbff-k8.2.2.2.53.SPA"
Config file at boot was "startup-config"

XXXXXXXXXXXXX up 1 hour 19 mins

SSP Slot Number: 1

Hardware: FPR4K-SM-24, 116806 MB RAM, CPU Xeon E5 series 2194 MHz, 2 CPUs (48 cores)

Encryption hardware device : Cisco FP Crypto on-board accelerator (revision 0x1)
Boot microcode : CN35x-MC-Boot-0001
SSL/IKE microcode : CNN35x-MC-SSL-0014
IPSec microcode : CNN35x-MC-IPSEC-0005
Number of accelerators: 2

Thanks in advance

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this device facing internet edge FW? if so check some bugs reported, people have experienced too, after upgrade things look ok.

https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20180606-asaftd

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

please upgrade the software. the version you running cisco publish vulnerability Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance Web Services Denial of Service Vulnerability

please do not forget to rate.

Thank you Sheraz, I will do the upgrade during maintenance operation and do an update.

The network infrastructure is freezed during in December.

Appreciate your response

Management should allow break-fix I guess, since you may face notice reboots quite often so you have service outage may occur.

BB

That the completely make sense. due to holidays change freeze are in place and this is quite understandable. however, business should untersatnad the gravity of this complex situation. could you try emergency change control? chances are less as most of the staff / decision maker are on holidays. This is a tough call for you though i can completely understand this.

completely agree with you. the decision-making will be for after the holidays for sure but at each restart (around 10 minutes), many VPNs fall and impact on the production and the finances of the company

yes, this what i was mentioned earlier, Business need to take decision, upgrade downtime is less cost than the Business Loss.

If i were you, i pickup the phone and make an call to the authorisation person to process this upgrade.

Since you are proactively informed (so blame is not yours) - if not it will come as circle to your desk.

BB

you just need to informed your line manager/head of IT on this situation let him know what are the options available. you need to get out of this situation. before everyone point finger on you. and you become an easy meat.

as long as you escalated this to  your higher authorities are you safe if this get back to you than you in postion to say i have followed the protocols and decision maker delayed it. safe your self before this become a business P1.

Regards,

thanks for your advice!

Already done, I'm waiting for their approval. I won't have holliday at all :)

I will make you aware on what is done and if it will resolve or not my issue. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card