Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco FTD DHCP Problem

behrouz6408021
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have Collapse Core Network and My Core Switch is 6500 . The Core handling Inter VLAN Routing and it is gateway for my clients . in the next hop after Core Switch i have ASA 5525X . and every things is OK

when replace ASA with FPR4110 all of things OK except DHCP traffic

My DHCP server is Windows Server . when cliente request IP address from DHCP Server Some Client can obtain IP Address and many not obtain IP address .

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

in addition to what @balaji.bandi  has mentioned, are all the clients on the same subnet or are they on different subnets?  Is traffic opened for UDP/53 in the FDT firewall for DHCP traffic that needs to traverse the firewall?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Our Clients are in different subnets and Core Switch (6500) is the gateway of our clients

and all of config related to "IP helper " under Core Switch interface is done .

this scenario is OK with ASA and all of DHCP traffic are allowed in ASA .

when replaced ASA with FTD 4110 ( DHCP Traffic allowed on FTD ) clients cannot obtain IP Address from DHCP server . our DHCP Server is Microsoft windows Server.

One of the things I suspect is DHCP Snooping and DHCP option on our Access Switch and Core Switch. but i cannot test it

DHCP traffic is UDP/67 and UDP/68 .

But what is different between Cisco ASA and FTD in DHCP Snooping Options and Packet ?

when ASA is the next hop of Core Switch all of thing about DHCP and IP address obtaining are OK

when replaced with FTD 4110 i cannot seen DHCP requested from Source Interface VLAN on Core Switch .

Yes, sorry, I got mixed up with another case when I mentioned UDP/53.

I have seen this issue a few times.  In the situations that I was involved with the connection table showed that connections for DHCP was setup towards the outside interface (i.e. default route for internet was being established before dynamic routing).  A clear connection on the FTD CLI solved the issue.

I had TAC on the case and they did a change...which escapes me right now.  I will try to find the solution they came with

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Were you able to find the solution that TAC did?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card