Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Determine or verify hotfix version Firepower Threat Defense FTD

Hi!

We have a firewall installed with the 6.5 track.

Exact FTD version is 6.5.0.4
FMC version is 6.5.0.4-57

I have patched with hotfix "Cisco_FTD_Hotfix_H-6.5.0.5-2"
FMC reports successful installation of hotfix, but in GUI it still says 6.5.0.4.

When I check CLI on FTD, it still says "Cisco ASA5516-X Threat Defense (75) Version 6.5.0.4 (Build 57)"
I can't find a command to verify that the hotfix is installed?

Regards

Johan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go into expert mode on the sensor cli and run "rpm -qa"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To verify that your hotfix installed successfully, access the Linux shell (also called expert mode) and run the following command:

cat /etc/sf/patch_history

The system lists all successful major upgrades, patches, hotfixes, and pre-install packages since the appliance was freshly installed.

Reference: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/hotfix/Firepower_Hotfix_Release_Notes/about-firepower-hotfixes.html

Hi Marvin,

this command only show FMC patch and version but it does not show FTD patch or Hotfix. recently i upgrdaed FTD with Patch 6.4.0.8 and also installed Hotfix 6.4.0.9 on FTD but i am not able to verify the Hotfix on FTD. when i run command   cat /etc/sf/patch_history on FMC Cli then it shows only FMC related version and patch.

is there any way i can verify Hotfix on FTD Cli ?

Thanks in Advance

Go into expert mode on the sensor cli and run "rpm -qa"

Hi Marvin,

Thanks you very much, it realy worked.

i just entered Expert mode in FTD Cli.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card