cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
steffenhansen93
Beginner

How to soft reconfig BGP neighbor FTD 6.7 FDM managed

I'm setting up a FPR1140 FTD 6.7, which is managed with on box Firepower Device Manager, for BGP routing. However I can't seem to find a way to configure "soft neighbor reset". The classic soft-reconfiguration inbound command does not seem to be supported. I really need the Firewall to update its BGP routes dynamically without me having to manually soft or hard reset the BGP neighbor ship. At least I can't find anything on the matter in the config guide. Also tried adding the command with flexconfig but I found that BGP commands are blocked in flexconfig.

Hopefully someone can hint me in the right direction.

reference: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/670/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-670/fptd-fdm-bgp.html

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend

Unfortunately this is not supported with FDM as of the current 6.7 release. We rely on the BGP neighbors to support route refresh or else we must perform a manual reset.

If this does not meet your requirements then you can use FMC management for a more full feature set.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Marvin Rhoads
VIP Community Legend

Unfortunately this is not supported with FDM as of the current 6.7 release. We rely on the BGP neighbors to support route refresh or else we must perform a manual reset.

If this does not meet your requirements then you can use FMC management for a more full feature set.

View solution in original post

Hi Marvin

Yeah I thought so. My BGP peer is an Azure gateway so I can't really do much there. But at least some clarity. Looking forward to 6.8 then

Thanks! 

The successor to FTD 6.7 will be 7.0. FWIW I don't see the option there either.

Content for Community-Ad