cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to soft reconfig BGP neighbor FTD 6.7 FDM managed

steffenhansen93
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up a FPR1140 FTD 6.7, which is managed with on box Firepower Device Manager, for BGP routing. However I can't seem to find a way to configure "soft neighbor reset". The classic soft-reconfiguration inbound command does not seem to be supported. I really need the Firewall to update its BGP routes dynamically without me having to manually soft or hard reset the BGP neighbor ship. At least I can't find anything on the matter in the config guide. Also tried adding the command with flexconfig but I found that BGP commands are blocked in flexconfig.

Hopefully someone can hint me in the right direction.

reference: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/670/fdm/fptd-fdm-config-guide-670/fptd-fdm-bgp.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately this is not supported with FDM as of the current 6.7 release. We rely on the BGP neighbors to support route refresh or else we must perform a manual reset.

If this does not meet your requirements then you can use FMC management for a more full feature set.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately this is not supported with FDM as of the current 6.7 release. We rely on the BGP neighbors to support route refresh or else we must perform a manual reset.

If this does not meet your requirements then you can use FMC management for a more full feature set.

Hi Marvin

Yeah I thought so. My BGP peer is an Azure gateway so I can't really do much there. But at least some clarity. Looking forward to 6.8 then

Thanks! 

The successor to FTD 6.7 will be 7.0. FWIW I don't see the option there either.

Hello Marvin,

I am trying to see how to enable bgp soft-reconfiguration on an FTD firewall managed in FMC.  I don't see any options to configure it, and the FMC Help doesn't show it either.

When I connect to the FTD firewall via CLI, and issue the command to view routes being received by a neighbor, I get:

> show bgp neighbors 2##.2##.7#.3 received-routes

% Inbound soft reconfiguration not enabled on 2##.2##.7#.3

Thoughts?  FTD and FMC are both running 7.0.4

Hello, My FMC is in V 7.3.0-69 My FTD 1150 is in V 7.0.4-55 and I have the same issue : 

Do you know if there is a Know bug ? 

> show bgp neighbors 10.132.7.254 received-routes

% Inbound soft reconfiguration not enabled on 10.132.7.254

Pascal MARTI ;-)

I search everywhere and do not see where checked the feature on the FMC ...   Something forget by Cisco team ? 

Pascal MARTI ;-)
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card