Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Implement per VPN QoS/shaping on ASA

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a solution where voice traffic to a bunch of remote sites is given priority over other general traffic. The sites are all connected via different grades of DSL and serial links, they all have different bandwidth characteristics. They all have a static VPN back to the ASA at the head office. The head office connection is a leased line and therefore has more bandwidth than all of the remote sites.

I have been reading about class-map and policy-map commands but as far as I can see, I can't use them because:

#1 in order to implement QoS, I first have to be queuing the traffic on the ASA, which means implementing shaping, and if I do that then...

#2 since the policy map is installed on the outside interface, any shaping I do will affect all traffic through that interface, not just to the VPN end points

What I think I need to do is have different policy maps for each tunnel group - but can't see a way to do that.

Grateful to anyone who can fault my logic as am sure I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks

George