cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One PIX 535 and two external ISP connections??

ewieczorek
Level 1
Level 1

Our organization just acquired a second external ISP connection in an effort to improve our connection to the internet.

I have one PIX 535 protecting my internal network.

I would like to send all port 80 traffic out ISP connection #1 and everything else out ISP connection #2.

Can I do this at the PIX? Or do I have to buy another PIX and perform this type of action at my core router?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

msdesai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

You don't need to do anything on pix.You can do this at your Internet router using policy based routing--- using route-map & access-list...

If you can post the your config for Internet router, I can add the respective lines to that configuration...

Regards,

MD

Thanks for your reply! I apologize for my delayed response.

I don't have access to the Internet router that sits "outside" my firewall. That is controlled by our local telco.

Does that limit my options?

Hello,

Then you will need to work with your provider to request this or replace the telco router with your own equipment.

Is the second ISP line from the same telco?.

Carlos Roque

Yes, it is the same telco. In fact, they installed a second router with this second line they installed.

I'll get with them and see what they can do for me.

Thanks.

I would reccomend you to request them the use of gateway Load Balacing Protocol on both routers. That way you can get load balancing towards the Internet.

The routers will need to run at least version 12.2 IOS.

Regards,

Carlos Roque

Office Of Management and Budget

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card