Views
Helpful
Replies

pix 506E simple question

sysadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Im stuck on a little problem. I'm setting up a brand new 506E firewall. When I try to specify an internal IP for my interface I get the following error, "interface address is not on the same subnet as the dhcp pool" I've disbaled the DHCP server on the firewall, but it still gives me that error. The second thing when I load the PDM version 3.0.1 under device information license it says not applicable, is there something I need to do to enable the license??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Hello -

Please check this document for a quick start up giude to PIX 506E - This document is a PDF.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_62/qsg/506quick.pdf

Hope it helps - Thanks Jay.

apriore685
Level 1
Level 1

What I always do with the pix 501 and 506 is to do a write erase and start fresh.

bhillman
Level 1
Level 1

PDM requres at least DES key be installed. I concur withh the others. I ALWAYS do write erase and reload then start with my config. I also never use the script.

Great thanks guys, I guess i'll erase my config. What about the license part in PDM? It says it’s not applicable, will that cause me any problems?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: