Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Routing on Pix

gerard.oconnor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirement to allow two separate sites establish a VPN to our Cisco Pix. The Pix will terminate the VPN for both sites, they both need to access the same resources on the private lan, however we need to bring one of the remote sites through another firewall as they less trusted.

The issue I have is that need to be able to route one of the connections through one interface, but route the other connection through a different interface.

What I am looking for is something like policy routing, however policy routing is not a feature that is supported on a pix from my reading of the documentation.

My questions are:

1) Is there a way to do policy routing on a pix. The Pix is a 515E, with six interfaces, running PixOS 6.3(4)

2) Will Policy based routing be supported in PixOS 7.0

Thanks,

Ger

1 Reply 1

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hi ger,

As of the OS 6.3(4),, policy routing is not supported. Its probably still on the pipeline for cisco.

Anybody from cisco can confirm Ger's 2nd question ? will it be available on 7.0 ?

its usually a practice to do policy routing on any router that sits on the intranet or the outside of the PIX firewall. I think policy routing on PIX will be a very useful thing for us..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card