Views
Helpful
Replies

REMOVE FTD FROM PENDING DEPLOYMENT IN FMC

Bledian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

My client has around 30 FTDs which are managed by the same FMC. I want to upgrade FMC but, to do so FMC requires to deploy all pending FTDs, which in our case they are like 15 FTDs which at the moment are offline and I cannot deploy them (so there deployment status is pending).

I was wondering if there is any command or method that I could remove the FTDs from pending request without deleting the entire FTD s from FMC and reconfiguring again, and that way i could upgrade FMC.

Best regards,

BR.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Agreed with @Marvin Rhoads  its hard - may be contact TAC is good for asistsnace

you like to try some perl files check below thread@

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/fmc-deployment-got-stuck-at-5-for-almost-3-hours/m-p/4621125

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's no easy way to do this as far as I know. The concept of operations requires that all pending deployments be completed prior to upgrading. I think even a cli upgrade would check this and fail to upgrade.

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Agreed with @Marvin Rhoads  its hard - may be contact TAC is good for asistsnace

you like to try some perl files check below thread@

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/fmc-deployment-got-stuck-at-5-for-almost-3-hours/m-p/4621125

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I will get in touch with a TAC and see if there is any solution from them !. Thanks all for reply.

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4

I put this in my wish list so that we could stop a deployment that wasn't required due to any reason and was told that it's not option but was being considered for the future. That was more than year ago and so far, nothing.

ej

Lamki911
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We had the same issue, trying to upgrade the FMC with offline FTDs, I found a way to proceed with the upgrade without deployment.

1. - Devices > Devices Management
  2. - Edit the offline device with pending deployment
  3. - under Device tap > disable Management.
  4. Lamki911_0-1692605327665.png
  5. - the device will be removed from the pending deployment queue and you can upgrade the FMC.
  6. - after the upgrade you can enable it even if the device is offline, it will show you a timeout message but that is fine it will be enabled and whenever the device is online it will connect. 

Hope this helps!

BR

Great idea. I will have to try this. One of the things I wish we could do is to select or unselect specific deployments within a FTD. We should also be able to delete a deployment and not install it.

briwils3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please contact TAC. We have an internal process to clear pending deployments but it involves messing with databases. This can wreak havoc with the device if someone doesn't know what they are doing, so it is not public.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card