cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Snort Rule Update

Ricky Sandhu
Level 3
Level 3

Good morning,  I notice each time I log into my FMC,  I have a deployment task pending.  Upon checking the task details,  it's always the rule updates that have been downloaded but not applied to my FTD appliances.  I have to manually deploy this each time.  I am still new to FMC and was wondering if I check the below setting under Rule Updates,  would this automatically apply the rules when they are downloaded?

1.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes it will do exactly that.

Some users choose not to tick that box since the deployment will include any other changes that are pending. Depending on your environment, that may include other changes that are a work in progress and not ready or approved for deployment.

However if you are the only admin then it's usually not a problem to just allow the deployment.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes it will do exactly that.

Some users choose not to tick that box since the deployment will include any other changes that are pending. Depending on your environment, that may include other changes that are a work in progress and not ready or approved for deployment.

However if you are the only admin then it's usually not a problem to just allow the deployment.

Thank you Marvin

Eric R. Jones
Level 4
Level 4
If you check that box then when you manually download the new updates they
will deploy.

If you check the box below that and setup a schedule it will download and
deploy without you having to interact.

After a year of using the FMC I finally decided to use this function.

Reason why is to be able to form a trust with the versions that get posted
won't regularly fail on me.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card