Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade to FMC 7.3 and got a health alert about Smart Licensing

Just upgraded the Lab FMC from 7.2.1 to 7.3 and now have a Smart License Monitor alert.  Specifically, it says 'Smart Agent is not registered with Smart Licensing Cloud'.  If I look at the Smart License Status on the FMC, it says Authorized and Registered and the license status is green and 'in-compliance'.  If I look on the Smart License portal, I can see an event from this morning saying 'connected and successfully renewed it's identity certificate.

Googling 'Smart Agent is not registered with Smart Licensing Cloud' doesn't return anything helpful so far.

18 Replies 18

dBu,

I was de-registering through the FMC. Click on the gear icon and go to Licenses, Smart Licenses. At the top you will notice the link to go to Cisco Smart Software Manager. Just besides this should be a red X that should let you De-Register. Before you do this make sure to create a new token in the Cisco Smart software manager. You will need this new token when you Register your FMC after De-registering.

Thank you kindly for the swift reply!

I found it in the CDO. I am still a bit scared, but the flood of alerts is driving everyone crazy. So ... here goes nothing! :0)

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 21.30.30.png

Joey-Miranda
Level 1
Level 1

Based on cisco bug CSCwf80163, a re-register is a workaround that can address the issue temporarily and that may encounter it again at any time. Upgrading to a fixed version is the permanent solution which are 7.2.6; 7.2.7 and 7.4.1. Unfortunately I can only go to 7.2.x for now and was wondering if anybody already tried the current Cisco star version of 7.2.8 and whether this bug is fixed on that release.

Comment Update:  I upgraded my FMC to the current Cisco star version of 7.2.8 and I can confirm that the bug is fixed permanently on this version release.

I can also confirm upgrading to version 7.2.8. fixes this issue.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card