cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Redman1804
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone

Can you help with a query regarding the Cisco Catalyst 9200. Cisco documentation states the following regarding the Catalyst 9200:

"For Catalyst 9200 Series switches the maximum is 4 VRFs on the modular models and 1 VRF on fixed models."

My questions are:

a) Does this limit exclude the global routing table which in an SD-Access deployment is the INFRA VN?
b) Does this limit exclude the built-in Mgmt-vrf?

Thank you

3 Comments
stuart.pannell
Level 1
Level 1

I have just tried configuring 4 VRF's on a 9200L and it stopped at adding one saying the maximum VRF's is 2. There are the default Management VRF and one that I have setup.

How do I enable it for four?

Redman1804
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Stuart

The Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series is made up of modular (C9200) and fixed (C9200L) switch models and the according to the FAQ - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat9k-swit-plat-faq-cte-en.html, the maximum number of VRFs that you can configure on the Cisco Catalyst 9300, 9400, 9500 and 9600 Series switches is 256. For Catalyst 9200 Series switches the maximum is 4 VRFs on the modular models and 1 VRF on fixed models

Since you have a 9200L which is a fixed model, you are limited to the built-in or pre-configured management VRF and an optional user-configurable VRF. You will not be able to configure 4.

All the best

stuart.pannell
Level 1
Level 1

Capture.PNG

Not forgetting the enhanced VN SKU's that support 32 VRF's

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: