Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
MikeAW2010
Level 1
Level 1

I couldn't figure out a better place to post this.

I want to break my CCNP up into two stages. First ENARSI and then ENCOR

If I take ENARSI and pass, how long can I wait before I take ENCOR?

Also in the future, when you want to renew your CCNP, do you have to retake both subjects or just one?

6 Comments
Jramirez85
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings I hope you are well, first you should take the ENVORE 350-401 since it is in the Base not only for the CCNP but also for the current CCIE, then if you feel qualified and with economic power you can present the Enrasi exam at once, to complete the CCNP Cycle or if you like you can take the direct CCIE with a value of 1600 $$, remember to rate this answer

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/certifications

Martin L
VIP
VIP

3 years; all certs and exams are valid for 3 years now.  ENCOR is harder exam and must have one to get started; but you can take exams in any order you wish as long as it has not been more than 3 years between 2 in the same track.  For CCNP you need a Core exam and one of concentration exams.

note: ENCOR is from CORE exams group which give you recertification at CCNP and CCNA levels.  You need 2 of any concentration exams to renew CCNP later.

Recertification now is a bit tricky (good) and give you options:

• Pass one technology core exam
  • Pass any two professional concentration exams
  • Pass one CCIE lab exam
  • Pass any one professional concentration exam and earn 40 CE credits or;
  • Earn 80 CE credits

see details at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/training-events/training-certifications/recertification-policy.html#~requirements

You should go to CLN for more info about certs and exams;

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/s/discussions

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

MikeAW2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, So If I understand this correctly:

I am currently at CCNA level

--Before I'm CCNP certified

I need ENCOR + ENARSI (or any other concentration exam) to become CCNP certified

ENCOR is also the core exam for CCIE and I can use it to skip CCNP to CCIE after taking the appropriate CCIE concentrations?

--After I'm CCNP certified

I need any two concentration exams (or 80 credits) to renew my CCNP

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Yes, Agree to all you said except there is no CCIE concentration exam.

You will need ENCOR + ENARSI -or any other concentration exam from Enterprise track ! -to become CCNP certified.

Basically, CCNP X cert includes a Core and 1 concentration exam withing the same track X like Security or Enterp. or SP or DC. 

Passing Core X exam also gives you access to register and take CCIE X lab which gives you CCIE X cert (there is no concentration exams for CCIE, just 8-hr long lab at Cisco location. So, CCIE X is a Core X exam + CCIE X Lab in the X track). 

Yes, you could skip CCNP concentration exam after passing Core exam to get to CCIE lab registration group.  This means that You save 1 concentration exam in particular track.  This is your choice, however Cisco idea is that you would learn and pass all concentration exams on the way to CCIE. I mean you could pass all those concentration exams while studying for CCIE but you do not have to. Each concentration exam is a specialization cert.  So, It is nice to get/have something to show for your time.

Note: getting CCIE is not an easy task, neither short one, nor cheap one.  It takes lots of time and afford (and cost) to get CCIE cert ( hands-on-lab is the difficult part). Most people fail Lab at 1st take or 2nd or 3rd time. It might take you 2, 3 or even 5 years to get ready.  Lab seats are limited, especially now and The lab cost is $1600! 

There is no per-requisites now for any Cisco certs, so you don't even need CCNA but it will get renew each time you pass exam.

Regards, ML

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Re: Recertification,

Yes, You will need any 2 concentration exams OR 1 Core exam OR 80 credits OR a mix to renew my CCNP

Based on the table above, you have 5 ways to re-certify your CCNP and CCNA.  You can mix any tracks and mix exams with CEs credits here; i.e. you can take Security Core and concentration from Enterprise tracks to re-new CCNP.  Of course, you will not get new CCNP cert as tracks do not match.

follow the link above to read more info.

Regards, ML

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: