Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NDFC Multisite Setup

nkhawaja1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Team,

This is a NDFC Multisite Setup where NDFC is a virtual cluster running latest version.

I got existing Core Routers on each site,

• Core routers are in production providing L3 Services
  • Core routers connect site-1 and site-2 as well and provide Layer 2
  • provides connectivity to existing campus etc.

Now in NDFC Multisite, we will need to connect Border GW Leaf to these core routers both for Multisite and for L3out.

The question I have are:

• Do I use “monitor mode”  to add the core routers. If I uncheck the monitor mode and import brownfield, what will be the impact of it to the existing production configuration.
  • Do I use separate interfaces for Multisite and for L3out?
  • Do I use Border GW spine for multisite instead of BGW Leaf?
  • If I use core router as ISN, I can’t add the same devices as core router for External Connectivity (L3 out) and I can’t use the VRF Lite extension workflow, I must manually provision the L3outs.
  • What are the implications of using BGW VPC and also connect hosts to it? I have see it somewhere in the earlier release.
  • In case of Core as ISN, should I use separate VRF on it for multisite and for L3outs? Right now they both are coming into the same default VRF.

Right now, I am using same physical interface for both multisite and L3out, but I must use routed sub-interrace for L3out and routed physical interface for Multisite. I can’t use routed sub interface for multisite

What are your thougts.

Thanks,

0 Replies 0

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card