Views
Helpful
Replies

Tetration - ERSPAN/Netflow Virtual Appliance Deployment

muneeb.ali07
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have deployed and configured the ERPSAN VA and Netflow VA as per documentation in TECDCN-2601 and https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/data-center-analytics/tetration-analytics/sw/install/cta_install_guide_for_sensor_agents.pdf

my ip_config is below

172.16.189.174/24 172.16.189.254
172.16.189.175/24 172.16.189.254
172.16.189.176/24 172.16.189.254

After mounting the .iso file in both Netflow VA and ERSPAN VA. I rebooted the VM.

However, in the web console of VM i can't see the anticipated output of docker ps. In my result there are no containers however, service tet-span-sensors and tet-nic-driver are active.

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

muneeb.ali07
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I have figured it out.

Two things I missed or mis-configured.

First, both appliances run docker behind the scenes. So I needed to enable virtualization for the particular VM in vSphere.

Second, when I created the iso file. I renamed .rpm to something else like tet-sensor.X.X.X.rpm to tet-netflow.rpm. When scripts are executed under /usr/local/tet/sensor_containers_setup.sh I had to rename the tet-sensor.?.?.?*.rpm to tet-*.rpm.

I reboot the VM while the ISO still connected and it worked.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

muneeb.ali07
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I have figured it out.

Two things I missed or mis-configured.

First, both appliances run docker behind the scenes. So I needed to enable virtualization for the particular VM in vSphere.

Second, when I created the iso file. I renamed .rpm to something else like tet-sensor.X.X.X.rpm to tet-netflow.rpm. When scripts are executed under /usr/local/tet/sensor_containers_setup.sh I had to rename the tet-sensor.?.?.?*.rpm to tet-*.rpm.

I reboot the VM while the ISO still connected and it worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: