cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto generated RESTCONF NED from device YANG models?

cnicasio
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I read that you can automatically build a NETCONF NED starting from device Yang models.

Is this possible also for the case of a device that only supports a RESTCONF mgmt interface?

Regards

Oscar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
No, automatic building is not possible by the end-user. But, we have some RESTCONF NEDs and we are working on a framework to make them easier to build.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
No, automatic building is not possible by the end-user. But, we have some RESTCONF NEDs and we are working on a framework to make them easier to build.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Yes, I suspected that. Mine was just a conceptual doubt. I realize that RESTCONF APIs can be autogenerated from YANG models, but RESTCONF loses several functionalities from NETCONF (candidate config, prepare, transactions, etc) that NEDs need to implement. So if we have to make a RESTCONF NED we have to add Java code to the NED, is not enough with YANG models. Do you think this explanation is more or less right?

I think your understanding is correct, you have to add some java code to handle the protocol specifics for RESTCONF.

In practice, as an NSO customer, you would normally get the RESTCONF NED from Cisco, and the NED team would handle the java code and would reuse most of it between different NEDs, but in theory you can do it yourself of course.

Thanks again!

Hello, I am studying a use case for NSO RESTCONF NED, does cisco now provide a NED Builder for RESTCONF, similar to the existing NETCONF NED Builder tool ?

If not, are there any links or documentation that can help me start to manually build a RESTCONF NED from my device yang models ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: