cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect cisco yangsuit to ncs-netsim devices

saumya003
Level 1
Level 1

I have nso5.5 deployed in GCP and some openconfig-ned based ncs-netsim devices deployed for experimental purposes.

I have also 'cisco yangsuit' deployed (in the docker) in the same VM and also all the openconfig yang modules loaded in there.

yangsuit can ping the devices, upon 'ncs-netsim start' but can't connect to the devices using ssh over default port 10022 or 12022...... meaning, i can't run any RPCs. 

I have made some configurations in devices using platform, system & network-instance modules.

Any help/guidance please? 

@Nabsch

3 Replies 3

snovello
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You use the ncs-netsim list command to see the ports.

snovello@SNOVELLO-M-V1ZP tme-demo % ncs-netsim list
ncs-netsim list for /Users/snovello/MPLSVPN/tme-demo/netsim

name=ce0 netconf=12022 snmp=11022 ipc=5010 cli=10022 dir=/Users/snovello/MPLSVPN/tme-demo/netsim/ce/ce0
name=ce1 netconf=12023 snmp=11023 ipc=5011 cli=10023 dir=/Users/snovello/MPLSVPN/tme-demo/netsim/ce/ce1

In NSO you need to use the netsim port 12022 12023, not the cli port.

Also you cannot expect to run RPCs, after all you only gave the NED the yang models so the netsim simulator knows the rpc name, input and output but has no definition of what the RPC should do. You will be able to read and write the configuration on the netsim device.

Thank you snovello for the reply.. 

I have 3 openconfig-ned based netsim devices (127.0.0.32:12022, 127.0.0.33:12023 & 127.0.0.34:12024)... and, NSO can connect to the devices and configure them.

But the yangsuit tool can't open the socket on these devices saying 'Can't open the socket on 127.0.0.32:12022' and so... though, yangsuit can ping them on the devices on their IPs.

So I completely misread your question...

I have a suggestion here, the ssh command has really detailed logging when you turn on its verbose options and you can use it as a netconf client using the subsystem  -s option

ssh -vvvp 12022 admin@127.0.0.3 -s netconf

and maybe that will give you a clue about what is failing.

The message about not being able to open a socket points to the fact that yangsuite is trying to reach a port where nothing is listening, that could be misconfiguration in yangsuite or misconfiguration of docker port translations for example.