Views
Helpful
Replies

Device CLI commands for listing services

rlinga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi There,

We are working on JSON RPC based NSO clients that create services for SR policy, L2 VPN and L3 VPN service types.

NSO takes the sequence of commands for given service type and commits successfully.

However, doing "show segment-routing traffic-eng policy" does not list newly created SR policy type services. We are using Cisco IOS XR based devices in this case.

What are the commands to list services of these 3 types on device CLI? If its just sitting in NSO CDB and not getting pushed onto device CLI, that does not seem like a full cycle achievement. Can someone share thoughts how to verify these?

Regards,

Rama

2 Replies 2

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I would start by doing a show running on the device to see if the configuration is there – if it is it is out of NSO’s hands. If it is not, I’d look at alarms in nso (show alarms) to see if something went wrong. That is probably a good start, then you can start digging into the service itself, try doing a re-deploy dry-run on the action for instance to see what it wants to do and a get-modifications to see what it already did.

I checked on device CLI using following commands:

show segment-routing traffic-eng policy

show segment-routing traffic-eng on-demand color

show l2vpn xconnect detail

show vrf all (for L3 VPN)

I could not find services on device CLI. One thing is 7 devices that are managed by NSO are VIRL devices. Can that add any limitation? Is there any dependency relation between SR policy, L2 VPN and L3 VPN services?