Views
Helpful
Replies

Easiest way to get Netconf NED for ASR9k with XR 6.3.2

Przemyslaw Borek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can download ready-to-use Netconf NED for ASR9k running 6.3.2 release? I tried to compile the NED using models published on Github - https://github.com/YangModels/yang/tree/master/vendor/cisco/xr/632 and models acquired from device (via Pioneer package). Every time the process stopped with errors and NED wasn’t created.

For example during compilation models downloaded from the device I got lots of errors related to incorrect path in when statements in openconfig-network-instance.yang, openconfig-mpls.yang, etc. :

yang/openconfig-mpls-rsvp.yang:522: error: the node 'mpls' from module 'openconfig-network-instance' is not found

yang/openconfig-mpls-rsvp.yang:522: error: the node 'mpls' from module 'openconfig-network-instance' is not found

yang/openconfig-mpls-rsvp.yang:522: error: the node 'tunnel' from module 'openconfig-mpls' (in node 'constrained-path' from 'openconfig-mpls') is not found

yang/openconfig-mpls-rsvp.yang:522: error: the node 'tunnel' from module 'openconfig-mpls' (in node 'constrained-path' from 'openconfig-mpls') is not found

yang/openconfig-mpls-rsvp.yang:533: error: the node 'mpls' from module 'openconfig-network-instance' is not found

yang/openconfig-mpls-rsvp.yang:533: error: the node 'mpls' from module 'openconfig-network-instance' is not found

…..

yang/openconfig-vlan.yang:116: error: the node 'interface-mode' from module 'oopenconfig-network-instance' (in node 'native-vlan' in module 'openconfig-vlan' from 'openconfig-vlan') is not found

yang/openconfig-vlan.yang:116: error: the node 'interface-mode' from module 'openconfig-vlan' (in node 'native-vlan' in module 'openconfig-vlan' from 'openconfig-vlan') is not found

yang/openconfig-vlan.yang:116: error: the node 'interface-mode' from module 'openconfig-vlan' (in node 'native-vlan' in module 'openconfig-vlan' from 'openconfig-vlan') is not found

If someone has done it already I’d be really grateful for sharing the NED.

BR

Prem

2 Replies 2

Jan Lindblad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not aware of any place where XR NETCONF NEDs can be downloaded; you have to build them just as you started out. I can help if you get stuck.

First thing to do is limit your scope to what you want to use. Don't build your NED with every YANG module you can find. For example, OpenConfig modules are broken (as you noticed), so disable them (or fix the errros, doable but takes some time), openconfig*, cisco-ios-xr-openconfig*. You should also disable all the modules with tailf* and ietf-netconf* in the name. Do you really need all those SNMP modules? If not disable *MIB, *SMI and a few other SNMP related ones with names in all capitals.

For some XR versions you also need to disable

Cisco-IOS-XR-sysadmin-aaa-*

If you hit more modules that don't compile, feel free to discuss here.

Hi Jan,

Indeed there's no place with compiled XR Netconf NEDs. Eventually, I got help from Roque who built the NED for me. I think it would be good idea to prepare such NED for each XR release along with new Yang models and publish it for internal / external consumption.