cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error - module 'tailf-ns-ned' not found while compiling a Openconf NED

saumya003
Level 1
Level 1

Apologies for copy-pasting it like this......

I have NSO in GCP and i am trying to compile a OpenConf-Netconf based NED so i can create a netsim device later-on.

I think, i have solved other problems like missing YANG files etc.. but, finaly, I am getting below error.....

............................................................................................................ 

<NSO-instance>/packages/oc-netconf-ned/src$ make
<my-dir>/nso-5.5/bin/ncsc --ncs-compile-bundle yang \
--ncs-device-dir ncsc-out \
--fail-on-warnings \       \         \
--ncs-device-type netconf \       \
--ncs-ned-id oc-netconf-ned-nc-1.0:oc-netconf-ned-nc-1.0 \

./oc-netconf-ned-nc.yang:14: error: module 'tailf-ns-ned' not found
make: *** [Makefile:35: ncsc-out/.done] Error 1

............................................................................................................

Any help or pointers please for this error and finaly be able to create a OpenConf based device??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nabsch
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is an error in your file oc-netconf-ned-nc.yang. Instead of   import tailf-ncs-ned you have  import tailf-ns-ned . You should add the c in the file oc-netconf-ned-nc.yang line 14. It's just a typo error

Here a working example

nabil@LAPTOP:~/ncs-run-5.5.4/packages/openconfig-ned/src$ cat openconfig-ned-nc.yang
module openconfig-ned-nc {
  yang-version 1.1;
  namespace "http://tail-f.com/ns/ned-id/openconfig-ned-nc";
  prefix openconfig-ned-nc;

import tailf-common {
    prefix tailf;
  }

import tailf-ncs-ned {
    prefix ned;
  }

identity openconfig-ned-nc {
    tailf:abstract;
    base ned:netconf-ned-id;
  }
}

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Nabsch
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is an error in your file oc-netconf-ned-nc.yang. Instead of   import tailf-ncs-ned you have  import tailf-ns-ned . You should add the c in the file oc-netconf-ned-nc.yang line 14. It's just a typo error

Here a working example

nabil@LAPTOP:~/ncs-run-5.5.4/packages/openconfig-ned/src$ cat openconfig-ned-nc.yang
module openconfig-ned-nc {
  yang-version 1.1;
  namespace "http://tail-f.com/ns/ned-id/openconfig-ned-nc";
  prefix openconfig-ned-nc;

import tailf-common {
    prefix tailf;
  }

import tailf-ncs-ned {
    prefix ned;
  }

identity openconfig-ned-nc {
    tailf:abstract;
    base ned:netconf-ned-id;
  }
}

Best Regards,

saumya003
Level 1
Level 1

Many thnaks.

After many attemps it worked. Also, took help from ealier reply in this regard i.e. https://community.cisco.com/t5/nso-developer-hub-discussions/nso5-5-failes-to-create-openconf-netconf-ned/m-p/4540245#M6786 

By the way, there was no problem with the file oc-netconf-ned-nc.yang. It had "import tailf-ncs-ned".

But, somehow it was not able to refer the tailf-ncs-ned.yang from install directory. To solve this, i created a copy of tailf-ncs-ned.yang in "openconfig-ned/src" which created circular loop problems.

So, I deleted everything and did it all over agian.

It worked this time.

Some important steps which need to be taken care are, as per my findings...

Important comment regarding compiling the openconfig-ned (based on OpenConfig Yang Modules).

……………………………………………………………………….

** While installing OpenConfig-NED using OpenConf YANG files from the git repository, I encountered many errors like some yang files not found.

Add those files into the YANG folder one by one as and when you encounter the error. You will get the Openconf NED compiled finally (may be with some warnings). 

** Despite the warnings during compilation, go to “ncs admin” from NSO instance directory’s terminal window and “force load” all the package via ncs command prompt. This step will load the newly compiled “openconfig-ned” package as well.

** The missing YANG files which need to be added into the yang folder were ‘iana-if-type.yang” & ietf-interfaces.yang”. These missing yang files need to be added one by one, as and when you encounter the compilation errors on the prompt. 

……………………………………………………………………….

Thanks again.. 

I am posting another question regarding creating a netsim device using openconfig-ned..... :-). Please help with that as well.