cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Facing issue with ios ned upgrade

chreddy@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Im running NSO 4.5.6 and currently having ios ned version 3.0.0.3. I deleted the old ios package in ncs-run/packages and extracted my new ned ncs-4.5.6-cisco-ios-6.0.11.tar.gz to ncs-run/packages/

I tried to do a make with clean all option. The command failed as below:
[root@localhost src]# pwd
/root/ncs-run/packages/cisco-ios/src
[root@localhost src]# make clean all
rm -rf artefacts ; rm -rf tmp-yang ; rm -f *.fxs ; rm -f schema/jsondump.pyc
rm -rf ncsc-out/* ../load-dir/*
rm -f ../private-jar/ios.jar
rm -f java/src/com/tailf/packages/ned/ios/namespaces/*.java
cd java && ant clean
/bin/bash: ant: command not found
make: *** [clean] Error 127

So, I issued, simple make. I could see some error highlighted below.
[root@localhost src]# make
/root/nso-4.5.6/bin/ncsc --java-disable-prefix --exclude-enums --fail-on-warnings --java-package com.tailf.packages.ned.ios.namespaces --emit-java java/src/com/tailf/packages/ned/ios/namespaces/ios.java ncsc-out/modules/fxs/tailf-ned-cisco-ios.fxs
cd java && ant -q -Dpackage.name=ios -Dpackage.dir=com/tailf/packages/ned/ios all
/bin/bash: ant: command not found
make: *** [javac] Error 127
rm tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-ios-meta.yang tmp-yang/tailf-ned-secrets.yang tmp-yang/cliparser-extensions-v11.yang tmp-yang/ietf-interfaces.yang tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-ios-stats.yang tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-ios-oper.yang tmp-yang/ietf-ip.yang tmp-yang/tailf-ned-cisco-ios-id.yang
[root@localhost src]#

I got below message in my CLI prompt window when I had done make as outlined about in root prompt.
admin@ncs#
>>> System upgrade is starting.
>>> Sessions in configure mode must exit to operational mode.
>>> No configuration changes can be performed until upgrade has completed.
>>> System upgrade has been cancelled.

I got below output saying to check if package is compiled correctly when I issued package reload:

admin@ncs> request packages reload

Error: The following Java classes look suspicious:
cisco-ios: com/tailf/packages/ned/ios/namespaces/iosId.class has modificationtim e older than the corresponding .java file

cisco-ios: com.tailf.packages.ned.ios.IOSDp is declared in package-meta-data.xml but not found
Check that the corresponding packages have been properly compiled.
If this is intended, proceed with 'force' parameter.
[error][2018-10-16 03:11:02]

Can you please help with exact steps to execute make without failure so that my latest NED reflects in the system?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You shouldn’t need to build the NED at all, it should be built in the distribution.

But, the error you are seeing “ant: command not found” means that you have not installed ant. If you want to build java projects you should install ant.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You shouldn’t need to build the NED at all, it should be built in the distribution.

But, the error you are seeing “ant: command not found” means that you have not installed ant. If you want to build java projects you should install ant.

Hi Viktor, thanks for the clarification. I need the latest ned alone. I just replaced the the package freshly in ncs-run and updated in the cli mode. Latest ned is reflecting. Thanks a lot for quick info.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: