Views
Helpful
Replies

failed to fetch host key - previously used hostname

pmerlitt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

All,

I'm trying to add a device to NSO, see below.  NOTE: I have used this hostname and IP address before and rebuilt the device and device config in NSO from scratch.  Do I have to delete the hostkey in NSO somehow?  Also know, I can ssh from the ubuntu server running NSO to the device just fine (after deleting the hostkey in Ubuntu, of course).

nsoadmin@ncs(config)# do show running-config devices device ACCESS1

devices device ACCESS1

address   172.20.1.2

authgroup BOOTSTRAP

device-type netconf ned-id netconf

state admin-state unlocked

!

nsoadmin@ncs(config)# devices fetch-ssh-host-keys device [ ACCESS1 ]

fetch-result {

device ACCESS1

result failed

info Failed to connect to device ACCESS1: connection refused

}

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Connection refused seems like either the address/port is wrong or the device is down. Verify that you can ssh from a shell on the NSO machine to the address/port combination that you use.

View solution in original post

UGGG!!!!! Your comment made me realize I changed the ned to netconf, port 830!!! I was testing SSH port 22 which was working fine... When I tested NETCONF connectivity to the device, it was NOT working.  Some quick troubleshooting on the device and all is good now.  Thank you for you comment!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Connection refused seems like either the address/port is wrong or the device is down. Verify that you can ssh from a shell on the NSO machine to the address/port combination that you use.

UGGG!!!!! Your comment made me realize I changed the ned to netconf, port 830!!! I was testing SSH port 22 which was working fine... When I tested NETCONF connectivity to the device, it was NOT working.  Some quick troubleshooting on the device and all is good now.  Thank you for you comment!