cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to access the "from" clause in python

Fantolino
Level 1
Level 1

I need to access to the configuration of policy statements of juniper devices. The XPATH is:

/devices/device[name='r-xx22']/config/junos:configuration/policy-options/policy-statement[name='GANDALF-A2-IMPORT']/term[name='1']/from/protocol [ bgp ]

I tried to access to that configuration in python using the standard MAAGIC format:

print root.devices.device['r-xx22'].config.junos__configuration.policy_options.policy_statement['GANDALF-EXPORT'].term["1"].from['bgp']
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>

I guess the problem is that form is a python keyword: how can I overcome this problema?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ramkraja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Similar to how you referred to the top-level 'configuration' tag in the Junos namespace as "junos__configuration", you can do "junos__from" instead of just "from". You can even similarly 'qualify' every tag in the path, if you really want to. ie, your path above can also be written as

root.ncs__devices.ncs__device['r-xx22'].ncs__config.junos__configuration.junos__policy_options.junos__policy_statement['GANDALF-EXPORT'].junos__term["1"].junos__from.junos__protocol

Note that the last tag (protocol) is missing in your Maagic example.

Finally, 'protocol' seems to be a leaf-list, and you cannot index the elements of a leaf-list maagic - so, doing "protocol['bgp']" would result in an error. You can access the elements of a leaf-list by iterating over that element. So, something like

protocol = <the path above>..
for elem in protocol:
    print(elem)

/Ram

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ramkraja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Similar to how you referred to the top-level 'configuration' tag in the Junos namespace as "junos__configuration", you can do "junos__from" instead of just "from". You can even similarly 'qualify' every tag in the path, if you really want to. ie, your path above can also be written as

root.ncs__devices.ncs__device['r-xx22'].ncs__config.junos__configuration.junos__policy_options.junos__policy_statement['GANDALF-EXPORT'].junos__term["1"].junos__from.junos__protocol

Note that the last tag (protocol) is missing in your Maagic example.

Finally, 'protocol' seems to be a leaf-list, and you cannot index the elements of a leaf-list maagic - so, doing "protocol['bgp']" would result in an error. You can access the elements of a leaf-list by iterating over that element. So, something like

protocol = <the path above>..
for elem in protocol:
    print(elem)

/Ram

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: