cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to synchonize CDB with external DB?

Fantolino
Level 1
Level 1

I’d like to syncronize the NSO CDB with an externale DB (maybe using a Kafka bus). Is there any solutions?

If not I can emulate this behaviour with periodic export of my CBD (e.g. every hour). I know NSO keeps the history of the changes in order to be able to rollback. In order to be efficient (my CDB will be very large and pretty static) I want to export only configuration changes from CDB to the external DB. Is there any mean to do that efficiently?

As a last resort I’m considering the comand “show configuration commit changes <number>”. It shows the differences from the current configuration with respect to a previous one: it lists all the commands that will be issued (virtually) to get back to the configuration identified by <number>. So I understand I could get the required data using this command, but I kneed to export the output to a file for post-processing. It wold be better if the format would be XMLbut I don’t know to force the output to that format. Is there a way to create a scheduler in NSO to get that?

1 Reply 1

Michael Maddern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can write a data provider to do this. Although you need to understand NSO transaction phases and how to write and register callbacks. There is an overview and example in the Development Guide in the Java API / DP API section. You can also check the API docs for similar information for other languages (com.tailf.dp package for Java, confd_lib_dp for C, ncs.dp for Python, and econfd for Erlang).