cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LSA NSO Version requirement

yli7
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello, we are looking for documented LSA NSO. version requirement. We learned all participating NSO node need to have the same version, but we'd like to if it's documented anywhere and if we can see more insight of the requirement.

thanks,

Yang Li

5 Replies 5

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yang.

Generally, with LSA a later version is better. I have used and implemented it as far back as 4.4, but this is one of our development areas and every new NSO version brings improved tooling and support for LSA.

Best,

Viktor

yli7
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you, Viktor. We are going with 4.5 or higher. What we are looking for is the official NSO version alignment requirement, i.e., all nodes need to be the same version.

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

The short answer is: Yes, it is a requirement what both NSOs are the same version.

The long anser is: Well, they are connected using a standard netconf interface, not using an internal bus format. So, as long as whatever is on the other side speaks proper netconf it doesn't even have to be another NSO.

But, in practice, especially if you want to be able to use all the LSA extensions and extra support built into NSO and improved with every release, they have to be NSOs of the same version.

Now, you can use the slack this answer gives you to for instance architect certain upgrade scenarios in a smart way. You would want to test each such upgrade in your lab of course, but it does have a high probability of success in many common cases.

--Viktor

yli7
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you, Viktor. Do you know if this is documented any where?

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as I know this is not documented anywhere.