Replies

[NCS error message]

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, All:

Suddenly I started receiving the following message:

admin@ncs> request packages reload

Error: Failed to load duplicate NCS package bgpl3vpn: (./packages/bgpl3vpn)

[error][2018-01-23 15:43:47]

admin@ncs>

Please advice what that means and if possible how to fix it.

Thanks!

c.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

Never mind. I created a backup of all my sample services under my working packages directory and NSO actually uncompressed that file and read it. Unreal.

Thanks!

c.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Carlos A. Silva
Level 3
Level 3

Never mind. I created a backup of all my sample services under my working packages directory and NSO actually uncompressed that file and read it. Unreal.

Thanks!

c.

Hi,

I read it somewhere in the documentation that only packages that are required should be placed in the run-time packages directory. These packages could be either expanded or compressed. For example the NED packages are distributed as compressed. NSO would expand any compressed packages and place it in the state/packages-in-use directory.

No other files should be placed in the run-time packages directory otherwise NSO would try to load it up.

Thanks.

Hi Carlos,

Right NSO will read compressed tar files and in fact most customers will used compressed tar files for packages in production environments.

-Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: