Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netsim does not have Network Element Driver registered

Hey NSO Community!

I am hitting an issue with setting up a CI system with NSO and Netsims for testing. I am running NSO in a container that wcan be run locally or on a jenkins server to execute unittests and package validation.

I create and add the netsims by:

1. ncs-netsim create-network cisco-ios 1 dummy

2. ncs-netsim add-device ios-device-0 cisco-ios

3. ncs-setup .

4. ncs

Then run a script to execute "sync-from-file PATH/device_config/ios-device-0-config.txt" on the netsim to get config from a text file.

The issue i have, is that when trying to use live status exec actions or make config changes on the added netsims I get the error:

"_ncs.error.Error: item does not exist (1): Device ios-device-0 does not have a Network Element Driver registered "

I have confirmed that the netsim has a ned registered in device settings.

again, the odd thing is it all works when i run the container on a jenkins server, but not when locally on MacOS. The hope with the container was the ability o have consistency between the local dev, CICD test env, and production env.

Thoughts on the cause of the does not have a Network Element Driver registered  issue?

Thanks!

Brandon

2 Replies 2

update:

running a ncs --status after start shows:

Loaded packages:

[2018-04-24 09:24:48,577][heighliner.lib.container][INFO] : cisco-ios:

[2018-04-24 09:24:48,577][heighliner.lib.container][INFO] : Version: 5.8.3 Status: error

[2018-04-24 09:24:48,578][heighliner.lib.container][INFO] : Info: [LOAD_PACKAGE[GC overhead limit exceeded]]

any insight into how to adjust or address the GC overhead limit exceeded? Or what the GC limit is?

thanks!

Update:

issue resolved by increasing the docker memory allocation on the local mac

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: