cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NSO for linux security compliance

ddukinfi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We are working with large Asian SP on a greenfield 4G rollout. We looking if any one has done any work on security compliance verification on RHEL based VMs spun out by our MANO (NSO/ESC/CVIM). This would be to verify password/logging/etc parameters/configs on the RHEL host.

So far I have not seem much linux work via NSO. Any pointers would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

This is not really what NSO does, but there are a few avenues that could be explored.

In particular some work has been done on running chef/ansible from NSO to launch that kind of more host/application-based tasks on say a VM that NSO spins up. I have not touched this part myself so I am not certain what the current state of the art is.

As an alternative, depending on what you are interested in, there is something called linuxcfg - it is a confd example  that allows some limited configuration of linux based systems over netconf. If you have fairly limited needs an extension of that work could be a possible avenue.

--Viktor

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

This is not really what NSO does, but there are a few avenues that could be explored.

In particular some work has been done on running chef/ansible from NSO to launch that kind of more host/application-based tasks on say a VM that NSO spins up. I have not touched this part myself so I am not certain what the current state of the art is.

As an alternative, depending on what you are interested in, there is something called linuxcfg - it is a confd example  that allows some limited configuration of linux based systems over netconf. If you have fairly limited needs an extension of that work could be a possible avenue.

--Viktor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: