cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NSO Infoblox Integration

AJ Cruz
Level 3
Level 3

I have successfully created a stacked service that pulls subnets from Infoblox to provision router interfaces, however, since it uses raw API calls in Python (requests), NSO doesn't track the subnets and if I delete the service instance the networks in Infoblox remain.

Is there any way to trigger Infoblox API calls to delete the networks when the service instance is removed?

2 Replies 2

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Yes, you probably want to use something like the external allocation pattern demonstrated here: https://github.com/NSO-developer/external-id-allocation there are a few different ways of doing this, but this is a pretty neat place to start out!

Thanks. A little much for me as a non-developer. I had problems right away with commands not existing for the kicker creation (after compiling and loading the package.) Not sure if it's because I'm using NSO 5.5 and it looks like that was written for 5.4.

It's not the best option, but while I try to figure out the external allocation pattern I just used "

if op == ncs.dp.NCS_SERVICE_DELETE:" in the post_modification. I pull the service instance name from kp and delete all networks in Infoblox with that extended attribute.