cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NSO QoS Device Template for IOSXR

Daniel Kratz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all, I'm experiencing a strange NSO Device Templates behavior. Hope you can give me guidance.

The scenario is straightforward, customer wants to deploy a qos policy, using NSO templates. Configuration works fine in both netsim and physical device and looks like this into NSO CLI:

policy-map DEV_SHAPE_XR
class class-default
shape average 64000 bps
!
end-policy-map
!

When I try to create a device template, CLI parser asks for a string when the syntax should accept <CR> right after "class class-default".

admin@ncs(config-config)# policy-map DEV_SHAPE_XR type qos class class-default ?
This line doesn't have a valid range expression
Possible completions:
<map:string> ""
admin@ncs(config-config)# policy-map DEV_SHAPE_XR type qos class class-default
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
syntax error: incomplete path: 'devices template SHAPE ned-id cisco-iosxr-cli-7.30 config policy-map DEV_SHAPE_XR class class-default'

Have you experienced similar issue? What is your suggestion to move on with the troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is one of those cases where the cli in NSO actually fools you with simplifiations. One good trick is to use show | display xml to see the “true” data representation.

Looking in the YANG model (tailf-ned-cisco-ios-xr.yang) I can see that there is a hidden node “map” that has to be “class-default” so I would guess that that string that you see should be “class-default”.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This is one of those cases where the cli in NSO actually fools you with simplifiations. One good trick is to use show | display xml to see the “true” data representation.

Looking in the YANG model (tailf-ned-cisco-ios-xr.yang) I can see that there is a hidden node “map” that has to be “class-default” so I would guess that that string that you see should be “class-default”.

Hi Viktor,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

You are right. The map into yang model refers to a second class-default keyword entry.

The issue in my setup was related to a missing config for rate-unit.

The run | display xml was really helpful!

BR

Kratz