Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reference interfaces from netconf device in yang module

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert my service from using CLI-based NEDs to purely NETCONF-based. In my YANG module I'm referencing the list of interfaces that the selected device has available;

(abbreviated version):

module l3vpn {
  namespace "http://com/example/l3vpn";
  prefix l3vpn;

import ietf-inet-types {
    prefix inet;
  }
  import tailf-ncs {
    prefix ncs;
  }
  import tailf-common {
    prefix tailf;
  }
  import tailf-ned-cisco-ios-xr {
    prefix cisco-ios-xr;
  }
  augment "/ncs:services" {
    list l3vpn {
      key "name";
      unique "vpn-id";

uses ncs:service-data;
      ncs:servicepoint "l3vpn";

leaf name {
        tailf:info "VRF Name";
        mandatory true;
        type string;
      }
      leaf customer {
        tailf:info "Customer name";
        type string;
      }
      leaf vpn-id {
        tailf:info "Unique VPN ID, used for RD/RT";
        mandatory true;
        type uint32 {
          range "1..65535";
        }
      }
      list link {
        tailf:info "Attachment Circuits to VPN";

key "ac-name";
        unique "ac-name";

leaf ac-name {
            tailf:info "AC connection ID - ie. AC123456";
            mandatory true;
            type string;
        }
        leaf device {
          tailf:info "PE Router";
          mandatory true;
          type leafref {
            path "/ncs:devices/ncs:device/ncs:name";
          }
        }
        container iosxr {
          when "/ncs:devices/ncs:device[ncs:name=current()/../device]/ncs:device-type/ncs:cli/ncs:ned-id='cisco-ios-xr-id:cisco-ios-xr'" {
            tailf:dependency "../device";
            tailf:dependency "/ncs:devices/ncs:device/ncs:device-type";
          }
          choice interface-type {
            case GigabitEthernet {
              leaf xr-GigabitEthernet {
                type leafref {
                  path "deref(../../device)/../ncs:config/cisco-ios-xr:interface/cisco-ios-xr:GigabitEthernet/cisco-ios-xr:id";
                }
              }
} } } } } }

In the new YANG definition, I'm omitting the 'import tailf-ned-cisco-ios-xr' and changes the IOSXR container to:

container iosxr {
  when "/ncs:devices/ncs:device[ncs:name=current()/../device]/ncs:device-type/ncs:netconf/ncs:ned-id='XR-nc-6.3:XR-nc-6.3'" {
    tailf:dependency "../device";
    tailf:dependency "/ncs:devices/ncs:device/ncs:device-type";
    }

leaf xr-interface {
      type leafref {
        path "deref(../../device)/../ncs:config/interface-configurations/interface-configuration/interface-name";
      }
    }
}

The XPATH string I'm basing it on looks like this:

root@ncs# show running-config devices device A9K config interface-configurations interface-configuration act TenGigE0/0/2/0 | display xpath
/devices/device[name='A9K']/config/ifmgr-cfg:interface-configurations/interface-configuration[active='act'][interface-name='TenGigE0/0/2/0']/cdp-cfg:cdp/enable

And the JSON structure looks like this:

root@ncs# show running-config devices device A9K config interface-configurations interface-configuration act TenGigE0/0/2/0 | display json
{
  "data": {
    "tailf-ncs:devices": {
      "device": [
        {
          "name": "A9K",
          "config": {
            "Cisco-IOS-XR-ifmgr-cfg:interface-configurations": {
              "interface-configuration": [
                {
                  "active": "act",
                  "interface-name": "TenGigE0/0/2/0",
                  "Cisco-IOS-XR-cdp-cfg:cdp": {"": "enable"
                  }
                }
              ]
            }
          }
        }
      ]
    }
  }
}

While troubleshooting, I've tried to import the Cisco-IOS-XR-ifmgr-cfg module and use it as a prefix for the elements in the XPATH, however when I try to compile this I'm getting an error that the module doesn't have the 'interface-configurations' element.

Any ideas or clues?

Best regards

-J

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, so I managed to figure this one out myself after several hours debugging. After scouring all the folders for the interface-configurations container, I found that the modules in the ncsc-out subfolder augmented the ncs:config element.

In my Makefile I had both the ../src/yang and the ../src/ncsc-out/modules/yang. I omitted the ../src/yang path from the YANGPATH, included the 'import Cisco-IOS-XR-ifmgr-cfg { prefix ifmgr-cfg; }' statement in the service yang definition and added the ifmgr-cfg prefix to all elements in the 'xr-interface' XPATH statement.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ok, so I managed to figure this one out myself after several hours debugging. After scouring all the folders for the interface-configurations container, I found that the modules in the ncsc-out subfolder augmented the ncs:config element.

In my Makefile I had both the ../src/yang and the ../src/ncsc-out/modules/yang. I omitted the ../src/yang path from the YANGPATH, included the 'import Cisco-IOS-XR-ifmgr-cfg { prefix ifmgr-cfg; }' statement in the service yang definition and added the ifmgr-cfg prefix to all elements in the 'xr-interface' XPATH statement.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: