cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Swagger Yang to REST API | NSO

prmalik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am looking for a use case of documenting API's for a Service model / Yang  by using Swagger. I noticed support of a yanger plugin for generation of swagger based on Yang for the NSO RESTCONF interface. Do we also have a support for REST API ? 

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'd argue that the biggest benefit is that it's standardized :) There are also couple of cool features, e.g. notifications (similar to NETCONF notifications).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

frjansso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately not. Any reason you prefer the REST API over the RESTCONF API?

Hi Fredrik,

Thanks for your reply. I am supporting an existing environment to document existing API using swagger. This environment has not adapted to RESTCONF. ;(

PM

I see :) when you make the transition* Swagger is there waiting for you.

* Please note that you can mix REST and RESTCONF from the NB system, there is no need for a RESTCONF flag day, but you can change one call at a time from REST to RESTCONF.

Make sense. Thank you sir !!  Just for my understanding, what benefits it can give to NB system or overall operations on the long run? Just want to make sure I collect all points before I make recommendations. 

Cheers,

I'd argue that the biggest benefit is that it's standardized :) There are also couple of cool features, e.g. notifications (similar to NETCONF notifications).

Hi Fredrik,

Thanks for your reply. I am supporting an existing environment to document existing API using swagger. This environment has not adapted to RESTCONF

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: