tailf:dependency "/dcrouting:us-datacenters/dc/l3cz-topology/device-role";
}
type leafref {
path "deref(../../cz)/../device-role/device";
}
}
}

here is the issue am seeing when compiling the yang model:

yang/dcrouting.yang:58: warning: Given dependencies are not equal to calculated: ../../../../device-role. Consider removing tailf:dependency statements.
yang/dcrouting.yang:72: warning: Given dependencies are not equal to calculated: ../../../../device-role. Consider removing tailf:dependency statements.
yang/dcrouting.yang:92: warning: Given dependencies are not equal to calculated: ../../../../device-role. Consider removing tailf:dependency statements.
yang/dcrouting.yang:106: warning: Given dependencies are not equal to calculated: ../../../../device-role. Consider removing tailf:dependency statements.
admin@NSO-SIM:~/ncs-run/packages/dcrouting/src$

please let me know how to make when statement work or what I am doing wrong.

thanks,

Kerim

2 Replies 2

vleijon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Those are only warnings, so it will work anyhow.

But what it means is that your path differs from the calculated path. When NSO can automatically derive a dependency, you might as well remove your manual dependency.

thanks...I was using "when" for the wrong purpose...may be I should play with "must"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the NSO Developer community: