cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

asr920-12SZ-D SFP Problem | SFP wont up

As Ari Setya1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, i've just got the asr920-12SZ-D this morning. i've been using several cisco in my work but this one is new for me. i've trying to connect the fiber between the asr920 and huawei s5720(using non-cisco sfp sadly) but the interface wont up.

I'm trying to gather information whether the problem is caused by the sfp or fiber, but there wasn't any message popped up and when i'm using "show inventory" all sfp are detected. and when i try to show transceiver status between this 2 device i got tx and rx between it's threshold (as my understanding that the signal are passing through the fiber) but the interface still wont up. What troubleshooting steps should I take to bring the interface to up?

Thanks !
Ari

*ps : here the screenshot for each device, hope it's help

3 Replies 3

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Have you tried crossing over the fibre?

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Thanks john,

already do that and after trying to contact the manufacturer. they said the sfp module has bigger wavelength than the glc-sx-mmd (and might be affecting the port i think). gonna reply after get the replacement.

Thanks.

Ari

Carl Lindahl
Level 1
Level 1

Try a combination of negotation auto, and no negotation auto on the interface Te 0/0/10 on the ASR920

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card