Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check the machine serial number on MDS SAN switch

alfred.wong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am very confused to the MDS switch serial number, I want to log the case to Vendor to retrieve the enable the port license file to resume the service. But I find the show inventory , show sprom backplane 1, no idea which serial number show be correct on the switch serial number. The show license host-id and show sprom backplane1 are the same. May I know if there is correct one for machine serial no.?  Please advice 

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

But my supervisor suspect that the show sprom backplane 1 serial number is the same as show license host-id . My I know if that mean host id is the same as switch serial number ? 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You mean License hostid?  i belive they looks same

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes, I check the machine serial number , which is the same as host-id by run show license host-id.  But supervisor not to believe, it is because he logs the case with support, the machine serial number with the same serial model is difference  host-id. 

I feel the machine serial number location is difference, the MDS 9216A , use the show sprom backplane 1 is the same as serial number on machine. But the MDS 9124 , the correct SN  show Second Serial number specific block  row which same as the machine serial number.  Host id and SN are the same for MDS 9216A, whereas those numbers  not the same for model of MDS 9124. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card