Views
Helpful
Replies

QSFP compatibility - HPE Proliant and Cisco Nexus

config tea
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There is probably a simple answer to this but I had to check - If I want fibre connectivity between a Nexus C3132Q-40GX and a HPE Proliant DL380 Gen9 (FDR/Ethernet 2-Port 544+QSFP) then I need a Cisco QSFP on one end and a HPE QSFP on the other?

I'm not sure if the QSFPs are cross-platform compatible as I'm currently trying to use 2x Cisco QSFPs between the devices and the switch port is not coming up.

Thanks for your suggestions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The only requirement is that both end use compatible SFPs for their own model , (and that the speed matches) ; for Cisco look at
                                                  Cisco Optics-to-Device Compatibility Matrix

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The only requirement is that both end use compatible SFPs for their own model , (and that the speed matches) ; for Cisco look at
                                                  Cisco Optics-to-Device Compatibility Matrix

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you very much!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card