Views
Helpful
Replies

SUP6L-E and 10G -LR modules

zumbi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Colleagues,

I have some question from the deep past. We have such situation where we need to relocate couple old 4506-E switches with Sup6L-E onboard. Today we have in use twingig convertors and regulars GLC-SX-MMD for MM but in the new place we want to upgrade uplinks up to 10G but distance from core to access will be more than 400m. In this case we are looking for an option to use SM optics. Because in our list we have also Sup7L-E and Sup8L-E we want to have a some universal solution for all of them with regulars SFP+ modules. In case of any failure with Sup6L-E it will be easy to replace it by higher model just to relocate SFP and use the same LŠ” connector. In the compatibility matrix I can see SFP-10G-LR modules in the list but without any comment about using CVR-X2-SFP10G. I was able to find some old datasheet paper for CVR-X2-SFP10G and I have not found there any information about LR modules and it seems it can support only SR. Can someone please share their knowledge or experience about compatibility of CVR-X2-SFP10G + SFP-10G-LR with Sup6L-E?

zumbi_0-1697297954864.png

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If i understand correctly you looking to connect CVR-X2-SFP10G   to SFP-10G-LR  ?

i used sometime back with single mode Fiber (OS2) - below X2 module for reference :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/10-gigabit-modules/product_data_sheet0900aecd801f92aa.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

yes, I know about X2 modules for SM optic but we will be able to use them only with sup6l-e becuase in all higher models we already have spf+ ports onboard. Also it is not so easy to find X2-10GB-LR due their EOL and also they are require SC-LC cables that's also not so comfortable. In addition to that I saw one topic here where user had an issue with two X2 modules connected at the same time. He found that such bug is realted to a sup hw revision and in my case I have 1.0 and potentially may have the same issue.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card