cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7941/61g background image question

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

I have added a background image to our 7941/61g ip phones. The image looks good, but the button appearance divider lines are going accross the screen in front of the image. Is there any way to set up the display to remove the button separator lines while keeping the line labels?

I had looked into using the idle url, but found that I had to use an external web server for this. Besides, I am not sure if the idle image would be over top of the button labels. If anyone knows if this is the case I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,

Mark

6 Replies 6

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Users can select a background image by choosing Settings > User Preferences > Background Images on the phone.

The image choices that users see come from PNG images and an XML file (called List.xml) that are stored on the TFTP server used by the phone. By storing your own PNG files and editing the XML file on the TFTP server, you can designate the background images from which users can choose. In this way, you can provide custom images, such as your company logo.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080724691.html

The issue is not that I can't get the custom background image on the phone. I have a custom background on the phone, but the line appearance deviders (The lines above and below each line label) extend completely across the display over top of the background image. For example, I have 6 buttons comfigured on a 7961G phone which causes 7 lines to cross all the way across the phone display. If I have 3 lines configured only 4 lines extend across the display.

I am asking if there is any way to remove the lines deviding the phone-line labels that are going across the display over top of the custom background image.

I was at a store the other day and saw that their 7961 phone had a background image and the line labels only had boxes around them. The line label deviders did not extend across the phone any farther than the line label text. This is what I would like to configure. I'm not sure if the phone was useing Callmanger or a SIP server though.

Do you know a way to provision the background as default?

I need to roll out 1500 phones with this background...

Or can I script keystrokes??

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

The Idle image is going to be placed on a window (like the services window) and it will display an exit button, it is not like the nicest workaround. Also, about the lines, you can change the change the brightness of the phone.

BTW: Those lines are hardcoded on the phone load, and we do not have customization settings in order to remove the separator lines.

I have seen a Cisco 794x phone with a background image and now separator lines. Is it safe to say that that phone had a SIP load on it? It had only a box around the button label and not lines all the way across the phone and image.

The above should have read:

I have seen a Cisco 794x phone with a background image and NO separator lines.