cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 & CM & PIX

peangvall
Level 1
Level 1

If I take a 7960 and put it outside of a PIX and modify the cnf.xml file to point to the NAT'd IP of CM and open port 2000, should I be able to pass calls through the PIX? I can get it to register with the CM, but when I make calls, there is no voice. I have fixup for sccp and h323 turned on. ANy ideas? FYI, when I do a "show skinny" on the PIX, it shows the internal IP of the device I am calling.

2 Replies 2

rbradfield
Level 2
Level 2

Are the RTP pasckets being allowed thru the PIX?

mikeh
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if this helps, but we had to do "no fixup protocol skinny 2000" on our PIX.

We run LAN-to-LAN VPNs between PIX's. We placed a 7940 at a remote site. The phone would register will CCM at our Data Center, the calls would ring, but once you picked up the handset the call failed (no voice).

I spent an hour on the phone with TAC who found that the "fixup skinny" was causing the problem. I don't remember exactly but something with ports not matching up on both sides once the two phones tried to pass packets over the WAN. Issued the "no fixup" command above and everything worked just fine.

Good Luck!