Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 Phone load

Hello There,

We had a CCM 3.3 and I just installed a brand new 4.1(3). All phones came up with no problem but two of them are giving me hard time. They have all information they need, like IP Address, TFTP Server, CallManager, Gateway etc....

but on the bottom of the screen a message stating " can not find SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX" (X is the MAC address of the phone). It seems like the file is missing. Could you please let me know how can I creat those files?

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bahman,

It sounds like these two phones have not been configured in the new CCM build. Perhaps they got lost in the shuffle somehow.Can you do a search via device>phone>by device name and look for the mac in question. Here is an excerpt from a good troubleshooting doc;

The phone requests a specific configuration file. The name for this file is SEPMAC-Address.cnf. For example, the file name for a phone with the MAC address 0030.94C2.D5CA is SEP003094C2D5CA.cnf.

From this doc;

Troubleshooting Cisco IP Phone (7910, 7940, 7960) Registration Problems with Cisco CallManager 3.x and 4.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a008009485a.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks Rob,

The <>.cnf.xml is in the TFTP folder and the phone is configured in the CCM but it doesn't register. It shows the IP Address in the CCM administration Page but the registeration is unknown. When I plug another phone to the same port it works but only these two phones don't. I am not so site to enter the information manualy but will do it tomorrow. Any other why to troubleshoot from CCM?

Thanks again,