Views
Helpful
Replies

AAR Testing

waleed.samir
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to test the AAR feature in the lab,

In Site A I have a CM 3.3(4)sr2, IP phone 7940 and router 2801.

In Site B I have two IP phones 7940 and router 2821.

The two routers are connected back to back using frame relay (WAN).

Each router equipped with FXO interface. And I have router 1751 with 2 FXS to simulate the PSTN.

My question is could I test the AAR feature using these equipments.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sure. The following document describes AAR configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801f007f.html

After you have configured the AAR group, take down the WAN link and see if the calls fail over.

Brandon

Dear Brandon

Thanks for your response

I followed the steps in the URL that you have sent to me and when I decreased the bandwidth between the two locations the IP Phone in Site A shows the text “Network Congestion Rerouting“ on the phone when it dials an IP Phone in Site B but it return fast busy.

I think this means that the AAR doesn’t find the alternative way to setup the call. How the AAR route the call through the GW, Is there any configuration I should add to the GWs or any Route patterns or dial-peers?

Should I configure the GWs H.323 or MGCP?

It sounds like your test of AAR was successful. If you see "Network Congestion Rerouting", then AAR is working. The fast busy does indicate that the alternate route is not accessible. Is the gateway registered with CallManager? Can you call across your simulated PSTN if AAR is out of the picture? MGCP is easier to configure and will work very well for your test.

Brandon