Helpful
Replies

account is not associated with a unity subscriber

astectelecom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

unity 3.15 vmo 3.15 analog integration exchange 5.5 sp4

A customer of mine is using NETIQ to migrate users from an NT4 domain to a new AD domain. The migrated users receive voice mails in their inbox and can play them back using their sound card and speakers or the TUI. However, when they try to establish a TRAP connection to use the phone as a playback device they receive an error "account is not associated with a unity subscriber" This is a big issue because most of their users don't have multimedia PCs.

Thanks for for your help

p.s. apparently the NETIQ migration attaches the NT SID history to the AD account so that to the NT domain the account appears as the NT account.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

There's a topic about this problem buried in the 3.1 System Admin Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/sag/sag312/sag_0160.htm#xtocid3.

In 3.12, the CSV import added the column headers DOMAIN_LOCATION and NT40_ALIAS to deal with this issue. But since the subscribers already exist, I think what you're going to have to do is run the GrantUnityAccess utility on all the subscribers to associate their domain accounts with their subscriber accounts. I don't see any other alternative here.

The utility (it's a command line utility) can be found on the Cisco Unity server in the directory in which Cisco Unity was installed (the default location is C:\CommServer).

GrantUnityAccess -u \ -s

To see all the options available:

GrantUnity Access -?

Run it on a couple of subscribers to make sure it clears up the problem, then you can create a simple batch file and run GrantUnityAccess on the rest of them.

Nancy

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

There's a topic about this problem buried in the 3.1 System Admin Guide:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/sag/sag312/sag_0160.htm#xtocid3.

In 3.12, the CSV import added the column headers DOMAIN_LOCATION and NT40_ALIAS to deal with this issue. But since the subscribers already exist, I think what you're going to have to do is run the GrantUnityAccess utility on all the subscribers to associate their domain accounts with their subscriber accounts. I don't see any other alternative here.

The utility (it's a command line utility) can be found on the Cisco Unity server in the directory in which Cisco Unity was installed (the default location is C:\CommServer).

GrantUnityAccess -u \ -s

To see all the options available:

GrantUnity Access -?

Run it on a couple of subscribers to make sure it clears up the problem, then you can create a simple batch file and run GrantUnityAccess on the rest of them.

Nancy