Helpful
Replies

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115'

adek.mussin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm Adek from Indonesia

Currently we are running CCM4.0(2) publisher and subscriber. Somehow we found out that on the subscriber user web pages (when we want to find or add user) we got this error message

"Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115'

Unexpected error

/CCMAdmin/userprefsbasiclist.asp

A trappable error (E06D7363) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running. "

Is it normal or is indicated that we have to reinstall the subscriber server? is there any way to fix the problem? also FYI we are able to get the user info and add user on the publisher server pages.

Any comment will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

sjhern
Level 1
Level 1

It is best practice to make all user changes on the Publisher from what i was told. However, You can Log into the Subscriber and stop and restart the IIS service and see if that helps.

I am getting the same error on my publisher. Did you get this resolved or did you have to rebuild the subscriber.

I am also having this problem on a 4.0.2a publisher. Does anyone have the resolution to this problem? I have run reconfig_cluster.exe to make sure that it is not a dcdirectory problem. Also I can see my users under DCD Administrator.

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Adek, per your problem description this may be a passwords issue.

Try the following:

1. Identify the correct directory administrator password. Let it be .

2. Open command prompt. Run PasswordUtils . This will generate encrypted

password. Let it be

3. Set the value of DCDMGRPW and MGRPW in registry, "under

HKML\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration", to

4. Open C:\dcdsrvr\directoryconfiguration.ini. Set the value of passwd to

5. Open command prompt. go to C:\

6. Run the command UMEncryptText . This will generate out.txt in the same

folder from which it was run, i.e C:\

7. Open out.txt and copy the contents after "Text=". This long hex value is the encrypted

password. Let it be .

8. Open C:\dcdsrvr\config\UMDirectoryConfiguration.ini using "notepad"

(Please do not use any other text editor).

9. Set the value of CiscoLdapPwd and UserLdappwd to .

10. Save the file and exit.

11. Restart IISAdmin service and try accessing the CCMAdmin user pages

Let us know

The fault I had was due to a lack of disk space on the Publisher server. I have turned tracing to 'Error' and cleared the logs, rebooted the publisher server and the pages are now visable.

Thanks

Luke

If you are running out of disk space, I would take a closer look at things. The trace logs can use a lot of space, but they are limited in size, and they should stay within their configured boundaries, and can be very useful if you start having problems - you can check up on them by looking at the trace config to make sure you have a 'max number of files' set, usually default of 250, and then browse down to the trace folders, and you should see the number of records holding steady at 250/251. I have hardly ever seen those get out of hand, although I did once. I would talk a close look at your SQL database transaction logs, and make sure they are not eating up all the space. Also, if you are using CDR, make sure it is running smoothly, as problems with the insert service seem to cause issues with disk space. It is handy to know that disk space problems can cause this particular error, though!

Mary Beth