cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Cell Phone Numbers to Corporate Directory

BethanyTerry
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM 10.5. I was recently asked if we can have employee's cell phone numbers display as well as their work extension in the corporate directory. The End User Configuration page under User Management has a lot of info that can be added for employees, of which Mobile Number is one. Is there any way that both the user's extension and mobile number can be displayed in the corporate directory results screen when searching users?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

this does not seems to be possbile, as by design corporate directory gets only one phone number on search.
but you can try creating custom phone service url for directory service if it helps, however this would not be supported by tac.

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The corporate directory is provided as-is, if you need something else, as venperum says, you'd need to create your own, or look at 3rd party options

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_Phone_Directories_FAQ

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi,

this does not seems to be possbile, as by design corporate directory gets only one phone number on search.
but you can try creating custom phone service url for directory service if it helps, however this would not be supported by tac.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The corporate directory is provided as-is, if you need something else, as venperum says, you'd need to create your own, or look at 3rd party options

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUCM_Phone_Directories_FAQ

HTH

java

Jaime, thx for you reply. Is that feature also not possible on cucm 11.0 /11.5? 
How can I create a own coporate directory and implement that on the cucm infrastruture (without a separate webserver) ?  

thx

Answer remains the same and there is no way to have a custom directory without a separate web server, you forcefully require a web server where to host the custom directories.

HTH

java

Thank you Jaime. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Hi Bethany

How did you fixed that issue? Did you used a 3rd-Party software or just customized your corporate directory? what are your experiences? I'm on the same situation for a customer, but I haven't a "good" solution at the moment. I thought this is a easy configuration on cucm, but unfortunately it's a bigger challange. thx. 

Thiago-

Sorry to say I had to tell my customer that it was not possible. Technical issues aside, the company I work for would not budget for this as it's not considered necessary (I work for a local county government). -Beth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: