cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adding custom application to softkey template ?

6rmisior
Level 1
Level 1

How can I add my application to the softkey template?

I would like to ether add my application to the "Add Application" button on the Softkey Template Configuration screen or just add softkey button to the standard template with url to my app.

It looks like this should be possible but I can't find out how to do this.

Thanks for any suggestions

6 Replies 6

XmlEquals
Level 3
Level 3

I'm 99% sure that it is not possible. I would love to be wrong though.

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

You can add your application as a service on one of the line keys, which is a convenient way to quickly access a service. Just modify a phone button template and add a service slot to one of the lines, and then users (or the administrator) can assign a service to that line button. Is that close enough?

As XmlEquals correctly pointed out, you cannot add your own Softkeys. There is a list of predefined functionality that a softkey can have, and while you can add and remove softkeys having one of the allowed functionalities, that is it.

The only way to have a quicker access to a service is using the line keys as aaron mentioned. It is however not a 100% solution.. at times the service you're trying to access from a linekey doesn't act the same way as if you call it from the regular menu. E.g. using #DEVICENAME# in the URL does not work.

Actually, the #DEVICENAME# does work on line keys, at least on 4.1(2)... which is quite nice!

One problem I've noticed though is that the linekey services don't get updated when the service changes.. you have to remove it and add it again.

Do you guys think that I some point it will be possible to add custom soft keys to the softkey template?

I found old post on this forum about someone trying to add "speed dials" to the softkey template and one of the responses was that in CCM 4.X that it will be possible, well 4.x is here and it is not possible.

Is it something that will happen in the future? Does anyone know?

It would be a nice to have feature.

I have heard no word of adding it as a softkey. The phones are not very malleable in this regard, due to how they are instructed to show their native softkeys.

You CAN add a speeddial that is an HTTP request rather than a dial in 4.x however. You don't add it through the Softkey Template however... you add it to the device or deviceprofile.

Point is, if it a speeddial, its front and center on the phone, just as a softkey, which is why the others in the thread suggested it as an alternative.