Views
Helpful
Replies

adding phone file format

cfajardo1_2
Level 1
Level 1

in cm6

i was able to add group of phones using the builtin excel and export to csv on bat.

i noticed that the csv text file can be seen on ADD FILE FORMAT with the FORMAT FILE NAME HAVING 2 options (default and simple)

i didnt do anything on this but as i said i was able to insert the group of phones.

just want to know what is the purpose of going to that procedure of adding file format..

thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Celso,

These relationships are nicely explained in this doc;

Using a Text Editor to Create the CSV Data File for Phones

You can create the CSV data file by using lines of ASCII text with values separated by commas. The comma separated values (CSV) file provides textual information in tabular form.

Use one of these file format options to identify the device and line fields within the CSV data file:

•Default Phone-Contains a predetermined set of phone device and line fields.

•Simple Phone-Contains basic device and line fields for phones.

•Custom-Contains device and line fields that you choose and order yourself.

You cannot modify or delete the Simple Phone or Default Phone file formats.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: When you use the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Bulk Administration (BAT) spreadsheet to create the CSV data file, you can create the file format within the spreadsheet. When you use a text editor to create the CSV data file, you need to create a file format or use the simple or default file format. You enter the values in the text-based file in the same order as specified in the file format.

Phone File Format

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_1_1/t03phfmt.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

hello rob,

-so is it necessary to add whatever csv file we have created to the file format (joining the simple and default file format)

thx